Title: Windows Systems Administrator
Location: Englewood, CO
Type: Contract to Hire
We are looking for a Mid to Senior level Sys Admin that is excited about using new technology, such as configuration management, building systems in the cloud and architecting the environment to work with on-prem systems. If you have knowledge or interest in configuration management applications, such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet, working with Cloud technology (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google), and you have a solid background in on-prem enterprise Windows system administration, you may be a perfect fit to work with our highly collaborative team.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Strong knowledge of Cloud solutions. The team is focused on AWS and Google Cloud.
- Work effectively with System Architects, System Administrators, Project Managers, DBAs, Developers and management to provide timely execution, support, planning, implementation and increased uptimes of business systems. Applicant must be able to participate effectively on team and enterprise projects.
- Assist in mentoring of team members and co-workers relating to the job function and demonstrate leadership through technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, business knowledge, organizational skills and professionalism.
- Maintaining vendor support and technical interaction and identifying sound technical solutions to execute the requirements of the business.
- Perform System Administration tasks in multiple Windows systems from version 2008 to current. This includes both physical and virtual servers (using VMware), troubleshooting and tuning for performance.
A successful Senior Windows Sys Admin will have the following:
- Strong knowledge of Chef or other configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, etc).
- Strong knowledge of AWS or other major cloud environments (Google Cloud, Azure).
- Solid understanding of; Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, DHCP, Client, MS Clustering, MS IIS, Group Policies and AD Trust Relationships.
- Working knowledge of MS Exchange 2013 and newer.
- Strong technical aptitude, strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Skilled in ferreting out client requirements, determining concise implementations and generating complete and coherent documentation.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!