Please submit resumes to mremya(at)divihn(dot)om or call (630) 847 7118 with any questions.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and partners.
- Keep our users and production continuously running and operating efficiently, provide technical services and support areas including;
- Server virtualization technologies: Hyper-V, VMWare
- Systems administration: maintain SLA over systems availability, server and desktop automated patching, installation and configuration of 3rd party software, administer backup system software, maintain system admin checklists
- Windows desktop administration and support
- Cloud services : Office365 and related platform as services
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
To build, deploy and maintain Windows server and desktop infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot Desktop issues and provide IT support.
- Design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft system software including Active Directory and Office 365
- Proficient knowledge of security systems including Cisco ASA, Websense, McAfee, ForeScout, FireEye
- Ability to work in dynamic and demanding user and production environment
- Willingness to mentor and develop Helpdesk and IT support teams
- Must be customer focused and be able to work well with others
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required
- Must have 3 years working experience in system administration and IT support
- Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred
- Willingness to sign confidentiality agreement and protect trade secrets
- Exceptional networking skills and knowledge
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.