Position Name: Wireless R&D Engineer
Position Type: 6 month contract with likely extension
Position Location: Preferred Denver, CO but can work REMOTE
Our client is seeking a Wireless R&D Engineer to lead their fixed wireless R&D design and deployment. This person will be an integral part of our client's global project. The primary responsibilities include:
- System level analysis of cellular/WLAN network performance and coexistence through computer simulations
- Link level analysis of next-generation radio access waveforms and error rate performance
- In-depth investigation on diverse technical information including conference papers, design document, standard specifications, etc.
- Making technical contributions to standards bodies as necessary
- Contribute to invention disclosures and innovation in the area of wireless technology
- Must have Master's Degree in Electrical / Communication Engineering or in Computer Science, Ph. D. Degree preferred.
- Must have at least 5+ years of related work or research experience
- Excellent wireless communication background including all system and link level aspects
- Excellent programming language knowledge in Matlab, C/C++
- Experience in network simulation or system level simulation (i.e., ns-3, OPNET) is strongly preferred
- Experience in wireless LAN (IEEE802.11) MAC/PHY layers protocol design and/or analysis is preferred
- Experience in cellular systems such as 3GPP NR and LTE with excellent research record is preferred
- Experience in cross-layer system design is a strong plus
- Experience in standard development (WLAN (802.11be/11ax/11ac,..), 3GPP, etc.) is a plus
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.