The Design Engineer is an entry-level engineering position. Working in a collaborative team environment under the supervision of more senior engineers. Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles to complete project assignments. Are assigned specific tasks on a project, and are expected to use their education, intelligence and common sense to perform certain job responsibilities.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (or related undergraduate degree)
* Adheres to company Corporate Values
o Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
o Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
o Basic knowledge of company quality program
o Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
* Preparing project drawings, exhibits and design documents using AutoCAD and Civil3D including but not limited to:
o design of civil aspects of projects (facility siting and layouts, grading, drainage systems, utilities, and site features)
o Site development planning and design including stormwater management design and stormwater calculations and report writing for submissions
* Sediment/Erosion control design and permitting
* Assist in civil engineering evaluations, reports, analyses and designs for existing and new facilities and other related opportunities
* Various permit applications and report writing.
* Participate in site field investigations and client / user interviews to identify project needs, constraints and opportunities
* Research and identify governing criteria, codes and best practices, a prepare basis of design documentation
* Work under the supervision of project managers and senior civil designers and other senior-level team members
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.