* Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, information systems, or another quantitative field
* Four or more years of professional experience
* Advanced working knowledge of SQL (writing and debugging)
* Experience working with query authoring, relational databases, and a familiarity with a variety of databases
* Experience developing, managing, and optimizing big data architectures and pipelines
* Experience working with MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Redis
* Experience performing internal and external root cause analysis
* Strong analytical skills when working with unstructured data sets
* Experience working with cloud-based data solutions (e.g., AWS, EC2, EMR, RDS, and Redshift)
* Proven experience successfully manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large and disconnected data sets
* Experience with automation and configuration management
* System monitoring, alerting, and dashboarding experience
* Experience with tools such as Hadoop, Kafka, and Spark
3-5 years related work experience in advanced analytics or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
At a high level here's what I need in the candidate -
Develops, constructs, tests and maintains architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems.
Cleans, massages, and organizes (big) data.
Capability to work with raw data that contains human / machine errors.
The data might not be validated and contain suspect records; It will be unformatted and can contain codes that are system-specific.
Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
Deliver the data to the data science team - develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production.
Ensure architecture will support the requirements of the business.
Discover opportunities for data acquisition.
Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production.
Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages to marry systems together).
Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.