In addition, the Case Manager will provide program management for all matter centric and client centric projects, including communication management, risk management, resource management, and scheduling and full cycle budget management. The Case Manager will ensure client service and satisfaction is attained in all areas of the position.
- Manages clients’ caseload logistics and is responsible for handling the day-to-day tasks of each case.
- Monitors and controls schedules, costs, and quality aspects of an eData client centric program while delivering logistical, operational, and coordinator support to the legal team as related to eData’s services.
- Maintains client standards documentation (e.g. playbooks) repository, and is responsible for compliance auditing by internal teams and by the client or outside counsel.
- Facilitates and completes training sessions for internal and external team members regarding the operations and logistics of matters, and becomes the primary point of contact for all team members.
- Participates in matter initiation calls, including gathering information regarding scope, timeline, and key milestones and dates.
- Executes and manages eDiscovery and client management plans, risk management plans, communication plans, as well as provides vendor and budget management for eData client programs or complex eData matters.
- Consults with case teams and clients to effectively develop and apply logistical and technical strategies, requirements, and goals, in order to develop and implement eData client centric program plans that include but are not limited to, data collection, processing, document review, internal investigation, document production, and trial preparation.
- Develops cost estimates and advises case teams and clients on maximizing efficiencies and reducing costs, and manages actual costs to resources during the lifecycle of the program.
- Prepares and facilitates preparation of comprehensive after action reviews and after action response plans for matter and client related work.
- Delegates appropriate workflow tasks to associates, project managers, analysts, and vendors as required, including data management, processing, production and quality control.
- Works closely with the eData Review Manager regarding the allocation of internal resources to complete projects.
- Completes and releases time entry on a daily basis and time sheets on a weekly basis.
- Ensures that the eData billing processes and procedures are complete for assigned matters and clients.
- Ensures that matter and client information is captured properly in eData project management tools.
- Understands and adheres to all department standards and procedures including completing staff audit and quality assurance of those procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job does not have direct supervisory responsibilities. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This job requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, legal studies, information systems or related field from a four year college or university,
- and, a minimum of four years of experience in case management either in eDiscovery or complex litigation management, with at least two years in a multi-office law firm,
or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- An understanding of database functionality
- Manipulation of database load-files
- Network infrastructure
- Teamwork skills
- Client-service skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Problem solving skills
- Written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Proactive initiative to ensure consistent quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients and vendors
- Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide all unites of measure)
- Ability to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions, involving several variables, in routine situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
Administrative Applications: OneNote, SQL
Online Services: Chrome River, eRoom, SharePoint
Practice Group: Axcelerate, Concordance, Brainspace, ODIN, EPTA, Relativity
Document Management: Adobe Acrobat Professional, FileSite, Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Outlook, Microsoft Office Word, Nuance Scansoft PDF Converter, Visio, Project
Firm Administrative Software: DTE, Elite, Kronos, Chrome CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Demonstrative user based expertise in at least one of the litigation support tools or platforms that eData Supports.
Recommended but not required:
- Microsoft Office Access, SQL, Relativity, or other industry related technical certification.
- Certified Project Management Professional, Advanced Process Management (Six Sigma Green belt, or Black belt), Certified Information Privacy Professional, System Security Certified Practitioner, or other industry certification or equivalent accredited graduate or continuing studies program.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions – 1-866-963-7137 / email@example.com
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.