Our client is seeking to hire a linux systems administrator.
This position is responsible for working with various organizations within the Office of Information Technology to support Linux technologies and enterprise applications. System administration experience is necessary in order to perform the duties assigned to this position. The candidate will install, configure, maintain and perform testing of Linux (Red Hat) operating systems, related utilities, applications, and hardware. The candidate is responsible for troubleshooting operating system, software and application issues. Monitors systems activities and fine-tunes configuration to optimize performance. Performs system utilization analysis to ensure systems are following best practices for security and utilization. Develops automated procedures for routine administration including design, patching, deploying software, implementing Linux server configuration etc. Python or other system programming is needed to develop new applications.
Our client is looking for a strong Linux Systems Administrator. This is a great opportunity to work for a company with great benefits and a great work/life balance. Requirements for this role include: 5 years' experience working as a linux system administrator, experience with RedHat and Tomcat.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Installs, configures, administers and troubleshoots Linux operating systems to support business requirements and provide optimal Linux knowledge
* Installs and configures Tomcat to support applications
* Works with virtualization technologies (VMware tools)
* Scripting and automating processes are required in this position
* Documents the system configuration and upgrade processes
* Communicates well with team members and customers
Top Skills Details
1. Linux Admin with more than 5 years of enterprise level experience; OS(version 4.x) installation and configuration, apply OS update quarterly with Ansible. Linux 7 (RHEL 7 is preferred)
2. Understanding of Network Applications Support tools such as Tomcat 7/8; Tomcat Administration on Linux, Tomcat installation and configuration, update, manage Java web application on Tomcat, and Tomcat monitoring and trouble shooting.
3. Virtualization technologies experience (VMware tools) This resource will be using vSphare to monitor,power off the vms etc. Tenable security, Ansible(they use Ansible for patching), VEEAM backup and Network knowledge.
-Experience with Python programming, shell scripting (does not have to be from scratch) They also have some new projects requiring container technologies, so good to have the skill to work with Openshift.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
* Experience with Linux 7 (RHEL 7 is preferred) and container technology
* Experience with VMware, Tenable security, Ansible, TSM, VEEAM backup and network knowledge
* Experience with Tomcat 7/8
* Experience with OpenShift 4.x
* Experience with Python programming
* Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, both written and orally
* Excellent organizational, planning skills and project management skills on system or application upgrade
* Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
* Shell scripting for system automation
* Coaching and mentoring Jr. system administrator skills
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent related experience
* Minimum of 8 years' experience concentrated in IT Linux system administration
This team currently has 7 people on it: 4 DBA\'s and 3 Linux Admins they may have a second need in a month or so as the ongoing discussions of moving a current admin internally to a different team could cause another need.
This is a great opportunity to work for a top research University, with a laid back work environment. This opportunity has a great work/life balance, with a ton of great benefits.
- Employees are able to accrue 240 and 336 hours PTO - essentially all new employees start with 2 days a month - PLUS 12 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement - half over for children
This team supports the UT student banner system.
Why is Position Open?
Due to a retirement on the team last year they are currently short people for the workload they have. They need this person so that they can continue to support the Student and facility systems at an efficient pace.
Educational and collaborative. It is a laid back environment with a great work/life balance.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.