LST is currently seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to provide support for the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Cyber Security efforts at the Mike Moroney Aeronautical Center, Oklahoma City, OK. The database administrator will support development, system implementation, updates, patching and coordination with the vendor.
Top 3 Skills
Oracle Database experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or related field
12+ years demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design and development and/or experience in an operational environment
Must have an Active Secret Security Clearance
Familiarity with Oracle database design, coding, and documentation.
- Responsible for designing database schemas, developing database scripts, performing database deployment duties, and post deployment support.
- Knowledge of programming languages and Application Programming Interface (API).
- Ability to create storage database structures with high-level security features.
- Supports the application/database development throughout the software life cycle from requirements analysis and design through to implementation and maintenance.
- Support the installation, maintenance and database administration functions associated with the project.
- Coordinate with the vendor on version upgrades.
- Assist in troubleshooting system discrepancies.
- Ability to demonstrate the proper techniques used for database backup and restoration, managing database performance and performing typical security lockdown procedures.
- Deep experience in Extracting, Transforming, and Loading (ETL) to achieve larger programmatic data management goals.
- The ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and, vice versa, translate functional needs to technical solutions.
- Participate in team meetings, document meeting minutes and coordinate all aspects of the project.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.