The Product Manager is responsible for the entire birth-to-death life cycle for all company products and services. The Product Manager leads the product development process by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating and documenting product requirements; determines specifications, production timetables, proposed market pricing, and plans for product introduction and termination.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Owns the product / service life cycle planning and execution.
2. Determines customers' needs and desires through input from sales, marketing, support, personal customer interactions and research.
3. Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
4. Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
5. Prepares and owns the market requirements document (MRD) defining new product characteristics and specifications.
6. Assists in proposal and quote preparation.
7. Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
8. Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by working with operations to develop appropriate inventory levels and production forecasts.
9. Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
10. Introduces and markets new products by developing product plans with sales, marketing, and operations.
11. Proposes product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
12. Stay abreast of regulatory requirements, approval and processes, such as, FCC, CE, etc.
13. Maintains professional and technical knowledge and requirements by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and engaging in industry groups.
14. Be an effective communication hub between sales, operations, and engineering on product-related matters.
15. Function as the primary Voice of the Customer (VoC) conveying customer concerns, future requirements, and market direction to the product manager and leadership.
16. Ensures compliance to Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)and other appropriate export rules.
17. Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
18. Prepare weekly reports documenting any customer contact, activities, events, and action items.
19. Represent and promote the company at various industry events.
20. Assist in other job duties as required.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.