The engineer selected to this position will:
* Be responsible for integrating multiple minimum viable products (MVP) for delivery to the customer and mission system.
* Actively resolve code merge conflicts.
* Engage in refactoring of code and proactively recommend code changes.
* Monitor and recommend changes to the CI/CD pipeline.
* Support lab set-up and re-configuration activities and procedures.
* Be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of software developers.
* Have a strong understanding of Agile principles.
* Have a strong understanding of Scaled Agile Framework.
* Have experience working on an Agile team.
* Provide coaching, technical direction, and facilitation when necessary.
* Provide support to the DevOps Environment.
* Participate in software implementation to include static code analysis, unit-level testing and documentation.
* Perform/support rapid software defect root cause analysis and solution development.
* Position may require up to 25% travel.
* Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or related discipline from an accredited college.
* 9 years or more of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a Master's degree.
* Experience developing real-time Object-Oriented Software architectures, with C++ or Java, preferable to have experience with both.
* Experience with full Agile lifecycle.
* Experience implementing and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline.
* Experience integrating hardware, software, and networking components.
* Experience mentoring junior Developers.
* Able to deliver successful results based on general objectives with minimal guidance.
* Experience with leading software defect root cause analysis and solution development.
* Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Situational Awareness missions.
* Familiarity with Phased Array Radar technology.
* Experience troubleshooting software to find/fix defects.
* Experience utilizing model based systems engineering and software design methodologies (SYSML/UML).
* Familiarity with Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System technology and programs.
* Familiarity with Mission Data Processor.
* Experience in the use of Atlassian tools.
* Experience interacting with Government Stakeholders.
* Certification using Agile development methodologies, preferably Scaled Agile Framework.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.