This will be a traveling technician that will need a valid drivers licence.
Their main customized equipment that will be supported is called TCS 3000 Register (Total Control Systems). This device is run off of a Windows operating system and is used to monitor fluid levels/inventory in trucks so that they can make more deliveries with more accuracy and security. They are looking for someone who is willing to be trained to support both the software and the hardware aspect of this.
This company specializes in engineering and manufacturing innovative solutions for the fertilizer, chemical, petroleum, DEF, feed, grain, and industrial markets. This division makes pumps and meters used for these solutions. They are looking to bring this full time roll on because others in their company have taken on new responsibilities. On a daily basis this person will answer phones and troubleshoot issues or go onsite to fix the equipment (some international travel). They will complete new installs and get the program ready. There are approximately 5000 users of this equipment in the field right now that they support.
Great candidates will have
- A computer repair/technician background
- Completed database work
- Customer Service - interfacing with customers
- Have a cellular network background with expertise in 3g, 4g, 5g, Bluetooth, wifi
- Electrical understanding
-TCP/IP - Network protocols
- Understand MySQL, IP addresses, and middleware
- Have a mechanical thought process to be able to help with fluid hydraulics - putting parts and pieces together.
- Understand circuitry nuts and bolts
- Ability to program modems
- *Government/military experience is a plus
*This is NOT a position where they will sit behind a desk and monitor networks and servers and set-up office equipment. This person will be doing some travel and interacting with customers and will need to be hands on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following:
• Help desk operations by taking customers' telephone calls, emails, texts, and answering tickets pertaining to customers 3000 register problems and determining technical needs to provide customers with appropriate solutions to resolve register issues.
• Works with team members to troubleshoot both complex and routine equipment issues.
• Uses specific tools and technology to maintain registers, servers, and other technology equipment at optimal operating levels.
• Uses specific diagnostic tools to diagnose issues and make repairs to registers, processors, hard drives, and monitors, make recommendations for repair or replacement to customers and test any new parts that are installed.
• Assists customers/ end-users with installation and programming of registers and accessories such as monitors, keyboards and, printers.
• Analyzes network problems and manage preventative maintenance procedures.
• Ensures that all registers are secured effectively by installing and updating appropriate software.
• Installs hardware and software- CRM programs, device drivers, and other tools commonly used by customers.
• Set up and organize IPs appropriately.
• Configures computer and cellular networks such as 3G, 4G and 5G, WIFI, Bluetooth, LANs, WANs and MANs.
• Maintains network configurations to ensure that all registers and equipment on a network can communicate effectively.
• Test 3000 Register peripherals, software and hardware such as pulsars, temperature probes, and additive injectors to ensure that they are interacting appropriately.
• Uninstalls programs and upgrades software, patches and operating systems on a continuous basis.
• Stays abreast of current trends and technology and makes recommendations that will help a customer keep up with technology standards in the industry.
• Trains other employees how to remedy basic register and accessories technical issues.
• Performs one-on-one training and coaching on technology when necessary.
• Explains the role of network applications and equipment to the end users.
• Performs various other duties depending on circumstances and customer needs.
• Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills/ Troubleshooting Skills
o Must be able to solve issues that might not have a clear solution. Being able to experiment and use trial and error is important.
• Technical Communication and active listening skills
o Must have the ability to listen to customers and ask questions in order to find out the issue, explain the problem in a clear and understandable way, and give them options for repair or replacement.
• IT Skills
o Computer System Literacy
o Network Administration
o Extensive Software and Technology Industry Knowledge
• Organization and Project Management
o Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
o Acts quickly in crisis situations so the customer can resume normal operations as soon as possible.
o Adapts quickly to changing circumstances, new standards, and requests.
• Maintain documentation of technical maintenance procedures carried out.
• Interpersonal Relations
• Customer Service Skills
• Knowledge with Fluid Hydraulics
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.