LyondellBasell Basic Function
LyondellBasell is staffing for an Olefins Process Engineer for the Channelview, TX Manufacturing Complex, located 18 miles from downtown Houston. Our 4,000-acre Channelview Complex consists of two world scale Olefins units at the north side of the facility that manufacture ethylene, propylene, butadiene and benzene. The Olefins units provide feedstock for the site's downstream C4, C5 and BTX recovery units, as well as for the south side of the facility, which uses many of these products to produce propylene oxide, styrene monomer and other derivatives.
The Process Engineer will provide support for unit operations and capital projects at the Channelview Manufacturing complex's two Olefins plants. The Process Engineer will collaborate with unit Production Engineers, Operations Specialists and Reliability Engineers to identify, recommend and implement strategic initiatives and projects to improve unit performance and profitability. Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate existing processes, review trends and develop initiatives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, improve product quality and reduce risk.
- Support programs and projects which contribute to the profitability, reliability, environmental and process safety integrity of the plant.
- Effectively communicates impacts to plant Key Performance Indicators and recommends solutions to stakeholders.
- Provide Process Engineering support for capital projects including front end loading scope development, economic justification, MOC stewardship and startup support.
- Mentors less experienced engineers in application of corporate Operational Excellence standards, process design and optimization
- Supports plant startup and shutdown activities
- Supports Solomon Olefins Study, Asset Strategy and Gap Closure development
- Works with the corporate Olefins Process Engineering Technical network to identify and evaluate preferred practices, implement recommendations and capture benefits
- B.S degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more years of petrochemical experience
- Knowledge and experience with the Olefins process is desired
- Relevant work experience with world scale chemical and petrochemical process unit design and/or operations
- Knowledgeable in the development of process design packages and economic justification
- Demonstrated expertise with Aspen Process simulation is desired
- Candidates must have excellent leadership, ethics, teamwork and communication skills with a results-oriented commitment. The ability to manage multiple and changing priorities is essential.
- Ability to prioritize work based on value generation, summarize conclusions and communicate recommendations to stakeholders is essential.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here. Nearest Major Market: